Analyst - Security Operations Specialist
- Newly created role
- Top Financial Services Company
- Global exposure
As a Level 2 incident responder to perform deep dive incident analysis by relating data from various sources you will analyze if a critical system or data set has been impacted and advise of remediation.
- Act as an escalation point for Tier I analysts and further analyzing and investigate events of interest and to escalate to management when necessary.
- Mentor of Level I analysts to improve detection capabilities and monitor performance.
- A subject-matter expert (SME) on incident detection and analysis techniques.
- Drive and monitor the processes ensuring applicable reporting is gathered and disseminated per the requirement of Cyber Security Operations Center.
- Review and approve requests for the tuning of SIEM logic.
- Provides first level engineering design functions and trouble resolution
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems
- Leads or plans implementations for access management and network security technologies
- Develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation
- Leads the investigation and reporting of data security events and incidents
- Provides system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies
- Maintains security incident response plans
- Oversees Enterprise mix of vendor services related to IT security
- Designs & engineers repetitive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards
To be successful:
- 5 years in support & operations or design & engineering role
- CISSP or other relevant security certifications
- Python scripting and Splunk Phantom experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the industry accepted data processing controls and concepts applied to hardware, software, data, network communications and people
- Strong English skills required to be able to communicate effectively with Global team