The reverse chronological resume is the most common and traditional type of resume. With this resume format, you list your relevant work experience in reverse chronological order, beginning with your most recent position and proceeding backwards.
To help you write your reverse chronological resume, we have created this free resume example for a senior finance professional.
0499 999 999
Strategic, results-oriented business leader with a strong track record in financial management, commercial analysis, change and risk management, and the development and implementation of business transformation projects. Most highly valued skills are ability to drive strategic growth and manage key stakeholder relationships.
National Finance Director
|Nov 2014 – present
Senior Finance Manager
|Jul 2009 – Nov 2014
|Harris & Harris
|Oct 2006 – Jun 2009
|Feb 2004 – Oct 2006
- In each position, provided effective and strategic oversight of business and finance systems.
- Developed a 10-year strategic plan for Onyx with rolling forecasts and annual financial budgets.
- Designed and delivered a strategic transformation project for Sunco to streamline operations, reduce inefficiencies and improve workflow, resulting in $1 million in savings for the company.
- Designed and implemented a group restructure at Harris & Harris that resulted in clearer reporting lines, reduced staff costs and improved productivity and morale.
|Onyx, National Finance Director
||Nov 2014 – present
|Onyx is a leading global consulting, systems integration and outsourcing company with annual turnover of $800 million and 700 employees worldwide.
- Lead a national team of seven finance managers, accountants and business analysts
- Oversee budgets, reporting, forecasts, internal and external audit processes and strategic plans
- Manage group commercial, contract and legal arrangements
- Partner with the General Manager and Regional Management teams to deliver quality business decisions and outcomes
- Prepare and present executive and management reports to executive team and board
- Develop and implement business improvement plans
- Developed a 10-year strategic plan with rolling forecasts and annual financial budgets, enabling long-term planning and budgeting
- Developed financial and operational dashboards to improve and centralise reporting system
|Sunco Systems, Senior Finance Manager
||July 2009 – Nov 2014
|Sunco Systems is a leading software and technology solutions provider with an annual turnover of $200 million.
- Supervised a team of five business analysts and accountants
- Prepared budgets, financial reports, forecasts and audits, and oversaw business improvement plans
- Managed financial risk, cash flow and debt covenants
- Presented budgets and reports to executive team
- Reviewed commercial business operations and performance reporting processes
- Launched and delivered a region-wide process streamlining and workflow centralisation program to reduce costs and staff and improve workflow, resulting in $1 million in savings for the company
- Coached and developed finance and administration staff
|Harris & Harris, Manager
||Oct 2006 – June 2009
|Harris & Harris is a leading financial services organisation specialising in providing financial advice to individuals and corporate trust services to large organisations.
- Supervised a team of five financial advisors
- Oversaw financial analysis and modelling, capital investment analysis, business case reviews and commercial performance reporting
- Prepared executive reports
- Identified business trends and improvement initiatives
- Oversaw development of budgets, resource planning and business support as required
- Introduced project implementation and review reporting
- Developed new business case proposal and process review guidelines and templates
|Gecko Group, Management Accountant
||Feb 2004 – Oct 2006
|Gecko Group is a large regional firm of Chartered Accountants providing a range of professional accounting services including business services, audit, financial planning, insolvency, business recovery and litigation support.
- Prepared annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Prepared weekly, monthly and quarterly management and departmental reports
- Prepared business case analysis and product portfolio reviews
- Managed accounts payable and group payroll functions
- Oversaw a major merger and acquisition project
- Redeveloped annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting systems
- Streamlined the monthly reporting process and created weekly P&L and KPI reports
National Business School
|Bachelor of Commerce
- ACMA: Chartered Management Accountant
- CPA: Certified Practising Accountant
- LSSBB: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Professional
Available upon request.
Click here to check out free samples for a functional resume or a one-page career summary.